The Trust is large enough to be able to provide you with the support and career development that you need, but small enough to be able to treat you like an individual.
Alongside a competitive salary, you can expect a comprehensive benefits package. For roles which demand it, we also offer pay enhancements on top of your basic salary for out-of-hours, shift and overtime working.
Our generous holiday entitlement is 27 days per year, rising to 29 days after five years’ service and 33 days after 10 years’ service, plus eight general and public holidays. If you join us from within the NHS, your accrued leave entitlement can be transferred to your new role at the Trust.
We also offer comprehensive maternity, paternity and adoption leave schemes with benefits in excess of the statutory schemes.
We recognise that many employees have caring responsibilities outside of work and that from time to time, emergency leave may be required.
We offer a number of schemes to help staff combine work and home life. Colleagues at the Trust are currently taking advantage of a large range of flexible working opportunities, including part-time working, job sharing, compressed hours, unpaid employment breaks and flexi-time.
The NHS is one of the very few employers that still offer a retirement package based on either your final salary or a percentage of your pay over your whole career. This is fully protected against inflation and guaranteed by the government. Every new employee automatically qualifies. Find out more at www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/pensions
Because they value NHS employees, many companies offer special discounts on products and services. Offers include reductions on mobile phones and call packages with EE and Apple, 10% off Hoseasons holidays and £100 off Jet2holidays, along with money off Sky broadband, with offers changing regularly. Find out more at www.healthservicediscounts.com
As a NHS Trust, as well as the benefits you receive as a member of the whole NHS family we are also able to offer additional benefits, some of which are detailed below. All these benefits show how much we value you and your hard work with us.
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme – Cars, bicycles, alongside TVs, game consoles, etc through our VIVUP provider.
- Staff Discounts – A number of companies offer discounts to our staff. Examples include hair and beauty, entertainment, eating out, electronics, health and wellbeing, home and motoring, breaks and holidays.
- Long Service Awards – All staff are eligible following 25 and 40 years of service.
- Staff Networks – We are committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and recognise that real support is needed if all staff are to reach their full potential.
- DAWN Network – Disability and Wellbeing Network
- LGBTQ+ Network – Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Queer Network
- SIREN Network – Staff Inclusion Race Empowerment Network
- Health and Wellbeing – Support with financial, physical and mental wellbeing including onsite access to massages are only a small selection of support we give as a Trust to promote a well balanced workforce.
A few comments from our friends and family survey:-
"I have frequently recommended the organisation as a place to work due to the team spirit that is held at the Trust"
"I work in a well managed team, with approachable managers & team spirited staff"
"Good culture and environment"
"Friendly place to work. I came here for 3 years and 31 years later I'm still here!"
"Good employers and the NHS is always good to work for wage wise. I highly recommend our team if people have the specialism as it's such a friendly team who work more like a family"
"Great place to work - with having children, my hours fit around them"
"I have worked here since 1988 and I would recommend it as an ideal place to work"
"Very positive management and a great culture of support and challenge"
"The Trust has good supporting policies and procedures for employees. We are treated fairly and supportive managers"
Our managers have told us some of their characteristics for an “ideal” candidate.
“Someone who will live and breathe our Trust values and behaviours”
“To be passionate about improving how we provide care to the patients of Tameside and Glossop.”
“Have a 'can do' attitude and willing to go 'above and beyond'.”
“Willingness to develop yourself and others so that together we can make a difference.”
“Dedication to the role and to the Trust”
“Someone who embraces change and works with their colleagues to implement the best way of working”
“To be engaging and want to put the best part of themselves in to their position”
Are you this person?