Group and one-to-one training
We offer a range of group and one-to-one training sessions including:
- Discover E-books
- Using the Knowledge Hub
- Using your Athens password
- Literature Searching for Nurses and Midwives
- Literature Searching for Medical Staff
- Literature Searching for AHPs
- Library Resources For your Specialty
- Using PubMed
- Critical Appraisal
- Health Literacy
We are happy to provide bespoke training and we can provide training at your place of work or online if that is more convenient - please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further requirements.
Online literature searching and critical appraisal training
e-Learning for Healthcare offers the following free training.
- Where Do I Start Searching?
- How Do I Start to Develop a Search Strategy?
- Too many results? How to narrow your search.
- Too few results? How to broaden your search.
- Searching with subject headings
- How to search the Healthcare Databases (HDAS)
- Introduction to Critical Appraisal
- Introduction to Health Inequalities
- Introduction to Critical Appraisal of Randomised Controlled Trials
- Introduction to Interpreting Results for Critical Appraisal
- Introduction to Critical Appraisal of Systematic Reviews
- Introduction to Critical Appraisal of Qualitative Studies
- Introduction to Critical Appraisal of Diagnostic Studies
- Introduction to Critical Appraisal Tools